Our ICT department
Considering a career in ICT at Your Housing Group? Read further to see if we're the right match for you, and meet some of the current team to learn about their experiences.
We’re probably for you if:
- You want to work in a technology-led business that’s forging ahead to meet customers’ needs
- You want to work in a business that has a perfect balance of specialist opportunities and multi-skilled openings
- You want to influence change and shape the future direction of the service
- You want to benefit from on-going development and move up the organisation
- You thrive on finding solutions and pushing barriers down to get there
We’re probably not for you if:
- You don’t like change
- You prefer to live and work a contractor’s life
- You prefer a role that means you are the one-stop-shop for all things ICT
Nicola O'Toole, ICT BUSINESS PARTNER
Nicola O’ Toole originally joined the organisation in 2007 as an IT helpdesk assistant, and during her time with YHG, has steadily progressed up the tiers into a managerial role.
“No matter what role you’re in, if you’re willing to work hard, YHG are really supportive with career development and progression within the organisation. I’ve been supported with funding to undertake specialist IT courses and more recently, ILM management qualifications to help with my role.
“A friendly, positive atmosphere is reflected right throughout the organisation, from management through to frontline officers. Everyone supports each other with a ‘can do’ attitude because, ultimately, whatever role you do, the end goal is the same – to change people’s lives for the better.”
Other testimonies from our ICT Team
"It’s an exciting place to work because things are constantly evolving here, creating a fast moving environment. As the business has grown, so has the variation and scope of work. YHG are really keen in new technologies and have been really supportive in helping me grow my knowledge with the business.
"The environment here at 602 is also really inspiring – a modern workplace with open-plan offices and a flexible working approach. The people are really supportive and open to ideas, allowing you to be creative and think outside the box, and make you feel that you are genuinely making a difference."