Our Finance department
Considering a career in Finance at Your Housing Group? Read further to see if we're right for you, and meet some of the team to learn about their experiences:
We’re probably for you if:
- You’re a self-starter and want to innovate to make change happen
- You want to make a difference in a team environment
- You want the chance to get involved in lots of different Finance work before settling into a specialism
- You’re looking to combine your professional skills in a role that offers a social purpose
- You thrive on finding solutions and pushing barriers down to get there
We’re probably not for you if:
- You just want to do things the way they’ve always been done
- You prefer to avoid a busy workload
- You’ve never been exposed to more than one aspect of Finance work
- You haven’t experienced the demands of large volumes of transactions
- You’re easily frustrated with a developing business infrastructure
Testimonies from the Finance Team
“Since starting in a temporary position, I have managed to climb up two tiers by building on the experience I have been given at Your Housing Group.
"I’ve also been well supported, both financially and with time to allow me to pursue Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualifications.
“The support that I have been given during my time here has built loyalty, and I feel valued, both as an employee and member of the team. YHG invested in me to help me reach my potential – they’re really keen to support people and to help them progress, constantly looking to the future.”
“If you are willing to put the hard work in, the benefits are there. From the Group Director down, there’s always a lot of recognition that the work you put in is valued.
“Other companies can sometimes make you feel pigeon-holed and discount your previous experience but that’s not the case at YHG. My previous experience was seen as helpful and so I was able to progress. There’s also great benefits and opportunities!”