Retirement Living Services
Considering a career in Retirement Living Services at Your Housing Group? You’ll make your own decision about whether to apply, but if you’re wondering whether you’ll fit in around here, take a look at what our own staff say!
We’re probably for you if:
- You thrive on creating positive environments that make people happy
- You love to learn and develop as there’s always new situations to deal with
- You don’t want work to feel like a chore
- You have the ability, and desire, to take on additional responsibilities
- You want the flexibility to move into new roles
We’re probably not for you if:
- You find it difficult to separate emotional attachment in your work
- You want a 9 – 5 job
- You want two days that are the same
- You struggle with maintaining professional boundaries
- You’re not a team player
Danielle McCann, Operations Manager for Ryfields Retirement Village
Danielle has worked for Your Housing Group for 15+ years, starting off her career as a Customer Service Officer in Young Persons Services and moving up to Operations Manager in Retirement Living Services.
"I've had quite a variety of training in relation to the client group, but in realtion to the business, I've had lots of training around health and Safety, finance, management of staff, as well as mentoring style training.
"My advice to anyone applying to work at Your Housing Group would be to understand that there are plenty of opportunities within this business"
Other Testimonies from our Retirement Living Services
“In 2011 I got my first role Retirement Living Services and became RLS Officer at Brookside – a newly developed retirement living scheme. The scheme didn’t open to the public until 2012, so it was really rewarding to see the scheme grow to full occupancy and to see the vision of the site become a reality.”
“During my time as RLS Officer I received a vast amount of support from my line manager through regular 121s. We identified training opportunities to help further my career and I successfully progressed to Scheme Manager in 2015.”
“As Scheme Manager I always try and support staff in developing their skills and experience so they too can progress their career, just like I did. We have a fantastic team here at Brookside and we all really pride ourselves on the high quality, unique service that we provide.”