Example Placeholder Image

Aids and adaptations

Making changes to your home or using specific aids can help you carry out day-to-day activities and support you to stay in your home.

If you think you would benefit from an aid or adaption, please contact us. If you live in retirement accommodation, please speak to your Scheme Manager.

Minor adaptations may include grab rails, handrails and lever taps.
Major adaptations may include showers, stair lifts and ramps.

If you want a minor adaptation, we will order the equipment and aim to get it fitted within 28 days, as long as funding is available. If you want a major adaptation, we will help you contact an Occupational Therapist to assess your needs.

The Occupational Therapist

The Occupational Therapist will arrange a visit to assess your needs and recommend adaptations tailored to you. Social Services may pay for the adaptation with a Disabled Facilities Grant. If they don’t, you will go on our waiting list for adaptations. A Property Team member will arrange a visit when we are ready to proceed with the work.

Your options

If for any reason we can’t adapt your home, we will discuss other options with you, such as whether we can offer you another home that would better suit your needs. If we can’t adapt your home due to financial reasons, we will talk to you about other options, such as finding aids from alternative providers.