Investing in Your Home
As part of our commitment to Working Better, we’re investing £54 million over the next five years in our homes.
Your Housing Group’s most significant investment programme in a decade will see more than 6,500 properties improved. Our #houseproud modernisation programme will include a whole range of improvements including:
- Kitchen replacement
- Bathroom replacement
- Heating upgrades to increase warmth and fuel efficiency
- Electrical rewiring to the latest standard
- Installation of double glazing
- Decorating the outside of your home
- Upgrading communal areas
- A range of adaptations to improve mobility of tenants who require such work
Improvements where they’re needed most
We completed a comprehensive survey of our homes to ensure that improvements and modernisations are provided where they’re needed most. This survey has informed the five-year plan. Replacements will be provided where;
- Boilers are more than 15 years old and in poor condition
- Kitchens are more than 20 years old and in poor condition
- Bathrooms more than 30 years old and in poor condition
- Windows and external doors more than 30 years old and in poor condition
- No works are to be advanced more than two years ahead of its planed replacement date.
- A heating system needs replacing where a kitchen also needs to be updated
All homes being improved will also be subject to an electrical test and will be re-wired if needed.
As part of our commitment, we’ve appointed contractor Engie and Wates to carry out the work who share the same passion as us for putting customers first.
What happens next?
We’ll write to customers due to benefit from the works in the coming 12 months. Nearer to the start of the works, our contractors will get in touch with an information pack which will include proposed dates and details of:
- What works will be undertaken
- The length of time we expect the works to take
- What level of disruption you can expect
- Contact details of your programme liaison officer and emergency telephone numbers