As a valued customer, we want to keep you informed about the exciting and ambitious journey we’re on. Over the next 18 months, we will be using this page as a one stop-shop for all the latest updates from the Group and what these changes will mean for you.
You may see changes to who delivers your services and how you access them, but one thing we are sure about, is that the services you get will be faster, more efficient and even more reliable, helping us to lead the way as a new generation of housing provider.
Why are we changing?
- As a responsible landlord, we have a duty to use the rent you pay us as efficiently as we can. This means our services need to be both cost-effective and designed around making life easier for you.
- By becoming more efficient and cost-effective, we will be able to build more homes, and play our part in solving the national housing crisis.
- We are facing far more scrutiny as a registered provider, and the 1% rent reduction will impact on our income to the tune of £65m over the next five years. If we don’t change and become more efficient, we won’t be able to continue to improve services for customers.
When will this happen?
- Our change projects have already started, and will continue transform the organisation over the next 18 months.
- We will keep you informed every step of the way, so keep an eye on this page for continuing updates.
Corporate Restructure Project
This project is aimed at simplifying our existing complicated legal structure, to enable us to become a more efficient organisation. This will in-turn enable us to provide a better service to you, our customers:
Why are we doing this?
- A complicated legal structure isn't an efficient way to work. By simplifying this, we will be able to reduce red tape, paperwork and become more flexible as an organisation.
- Our ability to work closely and transparently with the our regulator (HCA) will be significantly enhanced.
- It will allow us to focus our efforts in delivering a better and more consistent service to customers.
Our Customer Journey Project
We’ve been looking carefully at the services we provide - and more importantly, at how we provide them - and we know that they need to be fast and efficient. We want you to be confident that when we say we will do something, we will.
After spending a number of months evaluating our service by involving our Customer Inspectors and Customer Assurance Panel, we have identified a number of service opportunities to take this journey forward.
The first area of the business to be updated will be our contact centre technologies, and over the coming months, we will be introducing new digital ways for you to contact us. Ths includes our new webchat service, which allows you to chat instantly with an operator, without needing to pick up the phone.
How will this benefit me?
- Convenience - You will soon be able to access many of our services 24/7, from anywhere, using your laptop, mobile or tablet.
- More accurate and efficient - You will be able to update many of your own details, helping us to send you more relevant, meaningful information at the click of a button.
- Improved general service - By improving the technology in the call centre we will be able to reduce the number of service interruptions, helping us to respond to your calls more effectively.