Selling your home
If you decide to sell your home, we can offer support and guide you through the steps and paperwork.
Useful Information About Selling Your Home
Lease Assignments – If you decide to move on from your home you will need to sell your lease to someone else by way of an ‘assignment’.
Getting Approval for Changes To Your Home – If you have made any changes or improvements to your home it is important that you contact our Commercial Transaction Team to seek retrospective approval for these changes if you have not received consent already (there will be a charge for issuing confirmation of our approval).
Please note: If you delay doing getting this approval it could stall your house sale.
Marketing Your Property – You can use your agency of choice to market the sale of your property. You can also market the property either as a shared ownership property or at 100% (if your lease allows for 100% staircasing). Our Commercial Transaction Team can provide you with advice and information about staircasing / selling 100%.
Amounts To Budget For – You will need to plan for, and consider the following:
- Our administration fees.
- Mortgage redemption fees.
- Any fees for retrospective consent to improvements or changes.
- Your solicitor fees.
- Estate agent fees.
- EPC (energy performance certificate) Surveyors fees.
- Arrears, recoverable debts and registered charges.
The Process For Selling Your Home
- Step 1 - Contact our Commercial Transaction Team on 01925 592 610 to let us know when you have found a buyer for your home.
- Step 2 - Pay your fee – A fee is payable for the administration involved in the sale of your home, this can be done by card or by cheque.
- Step 3 - We receive an Application Form from your purchaser, which we will assess for eligibility. Once this is complete we will advise both you and your purchaser of the result.
- Step 4 - We may receive enquiries from your solicitors once consent has been provided. We will respond to them as soon as possible.
- Step 5 - When a completion date has been set, your solicitor will request completion figures from us. Once completed and all rent paid, we will be able to update our system.
100% Resale and Assignment - Guides and Applications
If you are unsure whether you can sell 100%, please contact our Commercial Transaction Team on 01925 592 610 and they will send out the relevant information pack.